Were you aware that the MOD runs a quiet country retreat where service personnel and their families can get away from it all?
The Services Cotswold Centre is a tri-Service short-term family accommodation facility. It is managed by a tri-Service management board and has capacity for up to 60 families (including two disabled units).
It is available to all ranks from all three Services who may be between assignments, retiring from the Services, be in need of a family holiday or weekend break or any other reason including welfare or emergency evacuation from overseas.
• Single storey 4/5 bed chalets and accommodation blocks, fully heated.
• Fully furnished including TV, Freeview box.
• Fully fitted kitchen (incl refrigerator, freezer, cooker, microwave, crockery and cutlery).
• Towels and bedding are provided.
• Two specially adapted units for disabled with wheelchair accessibility.
*Accommodation charges are kept below the Service Family Accommodation (SFA) rates. Contact the Centre for full details.
In beautiful countryside, one mile south of the small Costwold town of Corsham, midway between Bath and Chippenham, just off the M4.
Any Service person or MOD civil servant and their family needing short term housing for welfare purposes, between assignments, on discharge, home leave or just a short break in the country.
Use of the SCC
• Emergency accommodation for families, spouses and civil partners who have been evacuated from assignments.
• Meeting a welfare need such as supporting injured personnel, their carers and/or immediate family members.
• Responding to other family disruption such as marital breakdown.
• Provision of accommodation between assignments – both before taking up a post or repatriation back to the UK.
• Accommodation for discharging married and single personnel.
• R&R accommodation.
• Contact Housing.
• Transit accommodation – both duty and welfare.
• Short break.
On site facilities and support
• Secure and peaceful site in 25 acres of land.
• Caring environment with experienced staff to help and advise on housing, benefits and welfare issues.
• There are nursery, primary and secondary schools available within one mile of SCC.
• Community centre with internet facility.
• Outings, activities and events run by Community Support Development Workers.
• Local children centres
.• Tavern bar and games hall.
• Storage and onward movement of personal effects at public expense.
• Fitness suite for Service personnel.
• 24 hour launderette
The SCC is located in Neston near Corsham, Wiltshire in the United Kingdom.
Services Cotswold Centre
Telephone: civilian 01225 810 358, military (9)4382 4521
Fax: civilian 01225 816 918, military (9)4382 4529
Contact your local welfare office or have a look at this Service Cotswold Centre leaflet.
Copyrights: UK MOD.